Announcing My Udemy Course on Startup PR!

19 Nov

Quiet on the set! My Udemy course was filmed at Contently HQ. Notice that we hadn’t quite filled our bookshelves yet, so I had to do some maneuvering to make the shot work!
(Image courtesy of videographer Jay Irani)

I’m excited to announce the launch of my Udemy course, “Startup PR: Getting Press on a Shoestring Budget.”

After two years or writing and teaching about startup PR, it’s about time I get my act together and put together a full-on course, right?!

The 13-lecture course comes in at a little more than two hours of content and focuses on:

• how to build relationships with journalists
  • the secrets to crafting an awesome email pitch
  • ideas for communicating more effectively

In celebration of the course’s launch, I’m offering up a limited time offer for the first 100 readers to enroll! Use the coupon code lovelyreader for a 50% discount on the original price. Not too shabby, right?!

I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes, so don’t hesitate to holla back! And thank you in advance for your support and feedback!

What are you waiting for? Take my course now!

Special thanks to my buddy Jay Irani for the awesome camera work! You’re the man, Jay!

About these ads

9 Responses to “Announcing My Udemy Course on Startup PR!”

1. Hilda August 3, 2013 at 12:03 am #

There is definately a lot to find out about this subject.

I like all of the points you’ve made.

2. Jenny Haack (@jennehaack) November 23, 2012 at 6:06 am #

Looking forward to learning some trips and tricks.

Cheers, Jenny

3. Brad Patterson November 19, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Brilliant.

Way to pull this together, Erica. Hope the reflection has been as valuable for you as I’m sure it is for those that will take the course.

Cheers, Brad

• ericaswallow November 19, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Thank you, Brad. The process has been quite enlightening in a number of ways, indeed. Video is a whole new world for me, so lots of prep went into getting everything ready for it. All in all, filming took an entire day, though, even with all of the preparing I had done!! The best part, though, was that I was forced to cut down on content and distill it all into bite-size lessons of 2-6 minutes, so as not to bore students. That took a lot of discipline, as I really love talking. :P I hope you’ll check out the course and pass it along if you learn something valuable!

• brad5patterson November 19, 2012 at 9:47 am #

Fun to explore something new like video, eh?

I’m sure I have plenty to learn and the 2-6 minute bursts is perfect for fitting it in once a day in a tight schedule.

I’m sold and will certainly share after I’ve graduated ;-)

Cheers, b

• ericaswallow November 19, 2012 at 11:39 am #

hehehe, well, while video isn’t “new” to the world, it is to me in a way. I spend most of my time communicating by written word and every now and I’m also well-versed with live presentations. Sitting down and filming a video, though, makes me super nervous, because it’s all very finite!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. How to: Get Record Course Sales Your First 30 Days on Udemy - December 6, 2012

[...] 1.  Write a blog post announcing the launch and/or seasonal promotion of your course. Here’s a sample blog post from Ben Parr  and Erica Swallow. [...]