My New Infographic Resume

12 Aug

I’ve written a few times about infographic resumes on Mashable, and each time, I feel like a hypocrite, because I don’t have an infographic resume. Well, folks, not anymore!

Freelance designer Snow White Powers designed my new infographic resume (embedded below). I enlisted her help, because she did an amazing job redesigning my business cards last year. I asked her to maintain my business card theme in the new resume template, and I’m really pleased with it.

Use the zoom buttons to see it more clearly. What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

If you’re looking to create a more interesting resume, check out these resources:

- HOW TO: Spruce up a Boring Resume
HOW TO: Set Up an Online Resume

About these ads

33 Responses to “My New Infographic Resume”

1. Daniel Katz March 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

You just gave my resume an inferiority complex;) Great format and impressive content!

2. Evelyn Lane December 28, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Narcicist!

• ericaswallow December 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

If you think amazing personal branding is narcissism, I’ll take that as a compliment. :)

3. thatwriterswebsite August 29, 2012 at 3:20 am #

Wow. I had just finished my own infographic resume and am stunned by yours! Great ideas, great design. Love it. What program did you use?

• ericaswallow August 29, 2012 at 7:30 am #

My design friend did all the design, and she used Illustrator. :)

4. Matt August 29, 2012 at 3:18 am #

Wow. I had just created my own infographic resume, and am stunned by yours. Some great ideas and design here. Love it. What software did you use?

5. mohit lakhmani August 1, 2012 at 5:39 am #

Check out something more added in my info graphic resume as this is first 3d paper crafted info graphic resume, to see this type of resume come to this link, your comment and appreciation are welcomed

• ericaswallow August 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Wow, I love it Mohit. But how do you send it to potential employers?

• mohit lakhmani August 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

we can send pdf of infographic or i will make a box for it to courier

• mohit lakhmani August 1, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

so is there way to work with u

6. Emma February 15, 2012 at 7:49 am #

Hi Erica,

I LOVE your resume idea! Im moving from Australia to New York in a few weeks and am looking for ways to stand out from the pack. I don’t know anyone at all in NYC so it’s going to be tough to get noticed but I’ve got over 5 years experience in the Online Marketing/Social Media industry (& am an internet geek!) so hopefully creating a resume like this might really help!

Thanks!

• ericaswallow February 16, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Good luck on your move, Emma! What’s your Twitter handle?

• Emma February 16, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

Thanks! It’s @OfficiallyEm

7. writesandrights February 9, 2012 at 10:49 am #

This is such a great idea! Beautifully designed and will probably blow any other candidate out of the water for any job you ever apply for. Way to go!

• ericaswallow February 9, 2012 at 10:50 am #

Thank you! The pain point is UPDATING it! :-P

8. Bryce Christiansen December 2, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

Hi Erica,

I’m sharing this as an example as resumes from the future. Do you have any success stories from using this style that I can include?

Thanks,

Bryce

• ericaswallow December 5, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Hi Bryce,

I’ve gotten endless compliments on my resume. It has definitely gotten me in the door at some of my top-choice companies. I’ve also had one bad experience with it, though – I applied to a company that used an applicant tracking system, and I got a blanket auto-response saying that I was not eligible for the position at hand. Interestingly enough, I’m one of the most qualified people in the industry. Too bad, right?

9. Ruby October 19, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

Hi Erica, this looks great! I tried doing one myself too using powerpoint, http://bit.ly/nHvarJ. Agree that it’s so much more fun, and a great conversation starter with your interviewee!

• ericaswallow October 24, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Ruby, I really like this! I’m not gifted in the design department and hadn’t thought of using PowerPoint. Your resume is an inspiration for those of us who can barely get around Photoshop, let alone Illustrator!

• Ruby Subramaniam (@RubySubramaniam) October 31, 2011 at 2:46 am #

Thank you Erica, glad you liked it! Yep, Powerpoint is so much more userfriendly compared to Illustrator. Could be a little project you can tackle on your own with free time! =)

10. jt2007 September 15, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

This is a very interesting approach Erica. I am a professional resume writer and may like to speak with you about some ideas.

• ericaswallow September 15, 2011 at 3:42 pm #

Certainly! Find me on Twitter if you’d like: @ericaswallow, or just email me. My full name at gmail.

11. Sheetal Dube (@SheetalDube) August 30, 2011 at 3:48 am #

That is a pretty cool resume Erica. I love the statistics that jump out on the right. It is something that would have got buried in a traditional resume.

12. Leo Widrich (@LeoWid) August 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Wow, that is amazing, great way to showcase your work and much more fun too!

Didn’t know there are 4 blogs you are maintaining at the same time! Which are they?

Quite impressive how you are handling all these different gigs at the same time Erica, them being for all these high profile companies too.

• ericaswallow August 13, 2011 at 7:13 am #

Hey Leo!

The personal blogs I maintain are:
      http://ericaswallow.com (this one!)
      http://omniorange.tumblr.com (chronicles my favorite color)
      http://ericaswallow.tumblr.com (sort of defunct, but I still post when I’m traveling)
      – An anonymous blog (can’t tell on this one, b/c that’s the whole point). :)

But I will also start managing the City Winery blog next month. But that’s not a “personal” blog. :) And of course, there’s Mashable. But ALSO, I just started http://swallowwinery.com, and will start putting content on that one soon as well. So, that will make 5.

• Sharlene Boodram (@SharleneBoodram) August 24, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

I love your infographic resume! In an age of not enough time and so much information, my daily reading is filled with vids and graphics. Also, I am a fan of the henna. Where did get it done? Super summer appropriate.

• ericaswallow August 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Glad you like it! And the henna was done at my friend’s wedding in Jodhpur, India last December. I really enjoyed it!

• thoughtstorms January 19, 2012 at 2:34 am #

Your omniorange tumblr account seems to be gone. I was looking forward to checking it out!

• ericaswallow January 19, 2012 at 9:19 am #

Hi! I changed it to http://orangespotting.tumblr.com. Rebranded for easier understanding. :-D

13. mariakucinski August 12, 2011 at 10:20 am #

As if your traditional resume wasn’t impressive enough – this clearly shows how awesome you are. I love the orange!

• ericaswallow August 13, 2011 at 7:08 am #

Well, my traditional resume was a bit cluttered. This one just spreads things out and makes it more fun to read. Thank you, Maria!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Officially Em » Traditional vs Non-Traditional Resumes - February 25, 2012

[...] Swallow, a writer for Mashable, shared her infographic resume on her personal website which I encourage you to check out. She has also written several related [...]